WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 9
Special Stage: SS9 Penmachno 2 (16.95 km)
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Things are working better, we have improved the set-up but the stage conditions are getting better as well, The conditions are much better for the handling of our car. I couldn’t do more to be honest, I liked this stage and I was pretty much on it all the time
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
Generally good this afternoon, just this one was tough. The previous two stages, the conditions were more consistent
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
It would have been better to be further up. Still it is not a great time, it has got very slippy on the afternoon. Not the best day for us but we need to keep trying
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
I think this one. Really lucky to be here, there was a really soft inside and I got caught out and almost span
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It was quite an okay stage time I think. The rally has a long way to go
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Really not on the pace today. Okay this morning the car didn’t have a good feeling, but in the afternoon I had the feeling but just didn’t have the speed
3. Teemu Suninen (FIN) / Mikko Markkula (FIN) – Ford Fiesta WRC
[Stopped at 3.5km in stage. Car reported to be stuck in a ditch, the crew are OK.]
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
We just tried to have a clean day today. Road position played a bit of a role in things this afternoon. Hopefully we can have a good day tomorrow.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
I’m getting a bit desperate because things aren’t great with the suspension and I need to preserve the car. It is not easy to drive. When I was on the brake the engine stalled and I couldn’t get it restarted, that should have been rally over really.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It’s been an OK day. It’s difficult with our road position but we tried our best and we’ll have another go tomorrow
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
Day one is complete. Tomorrow is a completely different day.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Good day. Having a battle with Pontus, shame about the punctures.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Typical GB conditions. Quite a good day one.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
It looks good. I have to be happy. This one was better for me than the first time. We were taking it easy and the time looks good. On the second loop we could have gone much faster.
39. Nil Solans (ESP) / Marc Marti (ESP) – Ford Fiesta R5
A difficult day, just in there was a stone on the line and I had a puncture.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Not an easy day, I’ve had two punctures, I’ve had a spin. I just need to get back and focus on tomorrow.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
Day one gone okay. To be honest I’m just glad to get through.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
Stage went okay. I lost my back bumper but I don’t even know where.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Very tricky, I have a puncture so really I’m just trying to push now for the rest of the rally.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
Span on the tarmac and hit something backwards and damaged the rear of the car.
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
Not happy with the pace is been such a long day I just want to go back now.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
It’s been a long hard day but I’m really happy to be still fighting
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
Can you believe it I’ve had three punctures not happy today.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Loving it! Mega stage, my favourite so far. Can’t wait until tomorrow.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
I think I’m second in class, I’ve had a really good day. The second run was better through that stage.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Not good, just been off on the tarmac. Lost over a minute.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
I’ve had a lot of fun, spectators everywhere. So, so, so happy!
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
I’ve been stuck behind Matt. It was an ok day, I’m just going to crack on now.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Cars damaged, I need to go and check it out. Somethings not right.
83. Rhys Yates (GBR) / Elliott Edmondson (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Look forward to tomorrow it’s been a hard day.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
I was just getting into the swing of it. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
Still learning a lot on the slippery bits it’s not the surface I’m used to.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
It was tricky through the first day. I struggled with the grip.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
Yes that was grand. It’s not raining so much better.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
I just had a puncture, then another. It’s so hard. I can’t catch Tom now.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Had a puncture, not so good. Apart from that, a good day.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
I need to check the times to see if I won. Really happy but suspension was damaged towards the end.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Really hard, very rough. It’s been hard work but happy to end day one.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
Its up and down and very rough. Some bits were very tricky.
88. Sacha Kakad (GBR) / James Aldridge (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Two punctures, not too bad. It’s been tricky but tomorrow is another day.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Slippy, happy to be here. Very rough stages. Looking forward to tomorrow.
101. Finlay Retson (GBR) / Tom Hynd (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Its been alright, just a case of getting through until tomorrow.
99. Scott Partridge (GBR) / Fiona Scarret (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
Its not too bad. Not been in the car much. More slippy than before, I was struggling.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
It was good. Had a puncture but tomorrow it’s the classic stages