WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 8
Special Stage: SS8 Brenig 2 (29.13 km)
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
The conditions are much better. The car was working quite okay, I had the feeling that this was better. Maybe we could do a bit more but there is more grip.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
Front left puncture
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
I tried to push hard, the time is not great but I pushed as much as I could on this one. There are more cars in front that we need to catch
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It’s getting better but still way, way too slow. I’m not brave enough, I’m too afraid of the mud.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It was not a good stage for us. I struggled to find a good rhythm, I hit a stone and broke the windscreen. I was a bit too cautious then after that
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
The changes are helping and the car is more consistent. Some small mistakes here and there, losing the front a lot with the understeer and I had to use the handbrake more than I would prefer
3. Teemu Suninen (FIN) / Mikko Markkula (FIN) – Ford Fiesta WRC
I spun on one junction and I lost a lot of time.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Really surprised by the time actually, it felt quite good. Looking at those times maybe the road is deteriorating.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
I think it is getting a lot slower to be honest. The heavy rain always cleans the roads and that’s when the guys at the front benefit. I thought the stage was quite good, but you shouldn’t lose 22 seconds with a drive like that so the grip must be fading
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
I try my best. It’s difficult. The car went well in there, a good rhythm but the guys around us are doing well. It’s difficult.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
Feeling better with this run, Kalle is going well today.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Good batttle with Pontus, looking at my own battle not what is behind.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Clean run, no big mistakes, try to continue like this.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Really difficult day, handbrake locked on at the start of the stage.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
Driving normal drive, not taking too many risks.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
That was OK, but Kalle is going too fast.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Tyre went off the rim.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Had a puncture, kept hitting banks afterwards.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
Feeling not so bad.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
Perfect, enjoying and having fun.
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
Had a puncture.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
More tricky this afternoon, more mud. Managing the gap.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Much cleaner than the first time round, but we won’t be setting the world alight with that time.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
We had two punctures and had to change them both.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Very happy, best stages we’ve done all year. Fantastic grip.
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Good push, tricky but a good stage.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Had a puncture and we had to stop and change it.
83. Rhys Yates (GBR) / Elliott Edmondson (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Held by Edwards on the stage a bit, difficult stage.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
Had a minor issue after service but sorted. No clean run all day but happy with our progress on our first international event in a year.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
Not so good afternoon, had a spin and got stuck on the tight part.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Lost the brakes but still going.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
No problem, better run this afternoon.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
Great, a bit bumpy and slippy in places but enjoyed it.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Had a puncture 12km before the finish, not good.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Good feeling in the car, more grip than expected but still slippy in places.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Unlucky, two punctures in stages.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
Navigator still feeling ill.
88. Sacha Kakad (GBR) / James Aldridge (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
No issues but not a brilliant day.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Better second time through, slippy in the middle but enjoyed the afternoon.
101. Finlay Retson (GBR) / Tom Hynd (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
No brakes towards the end, OK stage, enjoying the afternoon more.
99. Scott Partridge (GBR) / Fiona Scarret (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
More grip this afternoon, changed the tyres in service so it was a bit more enjoyable.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
It’s the first stage its all worked well, buzzing now.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Puncture 7/8km from the end.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Enjoying the stages.
109. Stephen Southall (GBR) / Richard Bestwick (GBR) – Ford Escort Mk2
Brilliant, really enjoyed.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
Good stage, took it easy. Slippy and dug up.