WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 22
Special Stage: SS22 Gwydir 2 (14.76 km)
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I had an OK run. We can see if we can try to get a little closer to Mads but it will be difficult I think . I had a good stage but we will see. We will have to see if we can catch Andreas and Mads.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Some plaecs are a bit muddier but it was easier to drive than the first time. The times are similar but it’s easier to read the grip. There is a great atmosphere in there with the fans, like the Rally GB’s of old.
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Understeered into a left hander. I’m not sure what. Tricky to drive today, not feeling 100%.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
I had a spin in there. One of the changes we have done today is to make the car a lot rear wheel drive and I cannot control it so I spun.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
We’ve taken a fairly dead soft tyre but another stage today and we’re looking forward to it.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
I was really on the safe side, I mean really so I am surprised about the time. Now the game is to stay safe, bring it back and watch the battle ahead. I have mediums which are the perfect tyres for that but it’s not the time to do something stupid.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
If he has two softs then he can be faster. If he is on medium tyres, I’ll take my had off to him if he’s faster than me.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
I said to Julien when I crossed the line “I don’t know the time but I can’t do more”. I want this victory so I will fight for it.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
Not so bad with the spectators, I hope they enjoy.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
Nothing for us to push for, just a clean run through. Seb has had a pretty good rally, it would be nice to see him win it for the championship.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
Drove carefuly through the stage. We had more grip. Want to get to the end now.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
Car is repaired OK, we will get to the end hopefully.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Drove clean through there. We want to get to the finish and the podium, we can’t catch Pontus (Tidemand) now.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
It’s OK, I can’t push but I am happy.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
No traction, that was a hard stage for me.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Feels better, I just want to finish and show some fun to the spectators.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
That was good, conditions were good, I’m very happy.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Much better, more feeling in the car. That was the last gravel stage so we just need to get back now.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
I’ll try to push, but we need to get to the finish now.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Disappointing weekend, but we’ve learnt lots of things for next year.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
When it’s drying it’s better. We have nothing to fight for so I’ll just drive though to the end.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
It was good, no problems.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Fine, taking it easy. Just want to get back now.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
All OK, lots of data collected for the tyres.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Nearly rolled it, but so happy to be here.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
Much better, more grip, looking forward to the last stage now.
39. Nil Solans (ESP) / Marc Marti (ESP) – Ford Fiesta R5
I’m working on the notes, all good.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Much better, we’ve learned a lot. Just need to get back now.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
It’s been good, I just need to finish now.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Pipe fell off, I’ve lost a bit, really frustrated. Ive lost the lead of the class.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
All OK, glad to finish. Just want to get to the end now.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
It’s overheating and I think I have a puncture. I need to go and check.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
Much better, hard in places. I was careful to get to the finish.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
Little cautious, lots of mud has been dragged out from the WRC cars, but I’m happy to get through.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
I have a puncture so I need to change it.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
All good, just need to keep it tidy now.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Good run, backed off. We want to get to the end now.
101. Finlay Retson (GBR) / Tom Hynd (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
I’ve got a problem on the front, I need to go and check it.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
It was fine, I just want to get to the end and finish.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
I made a mistake on a slippy bit, but all OK though.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Bit slippy, tricky and worse than the morning.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
All good, enjoying it. Just one last stage to go now.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Broken damper, it was rough. Just need to finish now.
109. Stephen Southall (GBR) / Richard Bestwick (GBR) – Ford Escort Mk2
All good, starter was knackered so must get going.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
I have a problem, I must go.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
It’s all OK, just kept it going.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
I’m surviving, the missfire is annoying but we need to get it over the ramp.