WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 20
Special Stage: SS20 Gwydir 1 (power Stage) (14.76 km)
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I can only do what I have in my hands. I struggle with the handling. I tried but I’m pretty sure we cannot get a lot of points with that.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
It’s so slippery. Unbeliveable how slippery it is. Almost more slippery than Monte Carlo. The pacenotes were not working right. Thierry was off the road a lot.
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
It’s hard to have a really good stage. I was feeling really bad yesterday so I didn’t do any video training for this stage. Not a perfect stage at all but we’re here.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It was extremely difficult in there. I couldn’t have a rhythm to be honest. The grip was changing and in some places it was so, so slippery with some mud dragged on the road which we can clean away, so it’s getting faster again.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
I tried to go for a cut. The tyres were really worn. I tried to give it everything in there and made a little mistake.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It was an OK run. So many surprised and the road is quite narrow. We followed the line from the others. It’s impossible to keep it on the road as the grip is changing so much. I wouldn’t mind if we didn’t do the second run!
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
I can tell you, it was an extremely didifficultff stage. to push in these conditions there is very low grip, there is mud and everything. At one point I was sideways and flat over a crest and I thought I was going to hit something but I didn’t. I was lucky.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
I’m happy to finish this stage. It’s been very tricky in there. The feeling isn’t too great so it’s hard to push.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It is very hard. I want none of my opponents to feel how I felt yesterday, it was the worst I’ve ever felt.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
It was what it was, we just had to drive through.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
My Dad just called me and said “do your thing and it’s going to be good”
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
A small hit at the right rear. We have some spare arms so we can change it.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
I was taking it easy but I might take a look at Pontus’ car in a minute and see what happens next.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
That was a difficult stage. Braking was difficult on the downhill section, but the car was OK.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Very Slippery. There was zero traction and when I tried to turn there was nothing.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
Difficult, just no grip.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Difficult, we just need to finish and forget about it.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Slippery, theres more stages for us to improve.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
There was spectators everywhere.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
Not pushing at all. Lots of spectators.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Good stage, mega slippy.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Was OK, I tried to push.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
No feeling with the brakes, it was very tricky.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
Taking it easy, we have no spare tyres.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Interesting stage, all OK.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
Quite slippy, we spun.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Really slippy. For me it was really difficult, we went off and had to reverse. But we are here. The glass is half full and not half empty.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
Yeah not so bad, slippy in there.
39. Nil Solans (ESP) / Marc Marti (ESP) – Ford Fiesta R5
I’ve not done much mileage so I’m learning what Wales Rally GB is about.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Very tricky, the tarmac was very slippery. There was a tree on my line and it hit my mirror.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
It was OK, taking it steady, I can feel a soft tyre.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Nice and clean, think we’re leading our class. We’re really concentrating on the notes.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
Good, very difficult, no problems. I am happy we have maintained second in WRC3.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
Tricky, we have a problem with the diff. It’s like having one wheel drive. We’ll crack onto the next stages.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
Very slippery, we’re third in WRC3 so happy with that.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
OK stage, previous cars have dragged all the mud onto the tarmac, going to have to amend the notes.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Good, thoroughly enjoyed it. Slippery, with lots of mud pulled onto the stages.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Good and wild.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Slippery and quite interesting.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
We are suffering from gearbox problems, I can smell something like brakes, we’ll keep it going.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Car is all good, we just want to get to the finish.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
We went wide on a hairpin and lost a lot of time.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Quite slippy, it was alright. We just want to make it to the end.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
I went off and then the Escort running behind us, caught us.
109. Stephen Southall (GBR) / Richard Bestwick (GBR) – Ford Escort Mk2
Bit slippery but we’re getting used to it. That was spot on.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
It was alright, a bit slippy, but it was all alright.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
We had a spin and lost a bit of time, but OK.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
I have to say that my team did an amazing job yesterday, I didn’t plan on giving them that much work. We are still suffering from a misfire.