WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 17
Special Stage: SS17 Dyfi 2 (19.48 km)
Road Conditions: Dry and no dust at present
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Quite damp but drying in places, I had a lot of sun in my eyes in places near the start – it was difficult to see – but then I was flat out after.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
Struggling in some sections due to the chaing conditions. I’m a bit disappointed.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
The grip levels are the opposite to how they looked.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
That was a good run through.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
It’s a big fight today for sure. It’s a shame for Ott who was on another level this weekend. We are fighting for the win now.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
I don’t understand I’m really trying.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It is different now because Ott is retired and now it is key to fight for the victory of the rally. We are also fighting for the manufacturers’ title but we need to be careful because if you don’t get points you don’t win anything. I also have to try to help the team.
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I cannot do much more. I don’t try to take big risks either. Now Tanak is off, Ogier has the possibilty to win. We have to get a good position for the Power Stage tomorrow.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
Everything is find I just don’t seem to have a massive amount of grip but everything is fine.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
Second loop is much better. We’re going around all the rocks.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
OK stage, more changes made but they’ve not really helped. We will try on the last stage.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Two cautious this morning, so we’re going to try and keep the pressure on the boys in front.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
Cleaner run than this morning, we’re setting some good times.
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
We hit a rock earlier in the stage, think we may have bent the steering a bit.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
We lost all the oil in the damper. Bumpy and quite challenging.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
Feeling good but losing too much time.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Happy, everything is working really well now. Shame it wasn’t like that before.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
A bit slow but I don’t know why.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
A bad time, not a good feeling but I’ll continue like that as I don’t want to make any mistakes.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
My brakes are going.
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
Going a bit better this afternoon.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
A terrible afternoon. Finding it really hard to concentrate when we’re not in the game.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
A good stage. The sun is helping us. Still trying to get rhythm.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
An OK stage, the stage is all dry now.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
We got a puncture in the last corner, but apart from that it was a good stage.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
We’re getting better all the time. The conditions are better now.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Fantastic fun, I don’t have English words to describe how good it was.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
We were flat in there, we have to push on to get the lead back.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
Didn’t seem right, we had a puncture in the last one. Trying to get back on it.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Good stage, thought we had a puncture though. Enjoying the dry stages.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
OK afternoon. That was a good stage. One last stage to go.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
Two punctures this afternoon, not happy. I’m trying to be neat.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Good dry stage but we have soft tyres so I am trying to mange them. The time is good.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Really enjoyed that stage.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
Had to take it easy in there. Got front wheel bearing damage.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Alright, quite a tricky stage for us.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Going good, weird to have dust in the car in Wales.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Last three stages have been brilliant, we can give a good push on.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Had a great day, Only had a half spin today.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
We lost some time in the stage for some reason.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
Good stage, really enjoyed it. Best stage of the day.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
That was a better afternoon, we are taking minutes out of this morning times.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
We’ve been stuck in first gear for last 8/9km. I think that’s it for today.