WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 16
Special Stage: SS16 Sweet Lamb Hafren 2 (19.95 km)
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
The feeling is just getting better and better. I had four softs on and I don’t know if it’s right but I’m happy with that stage.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It’s not going so well to be honest. I struggled a lot with understeer and I did on the previous stage as well. I drive more on full understeer lock than on the straight wheel and it’s not possible to go fast.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
That is not so good news with Ott. I can’t keep up with Seb (Ogier) and with Craig (Breen). It is nice to be in the fight for sure but Seb is going too fast, I’ve had no chance.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
That’s not good news about Ott. Now we need to focus and keep the concentration on the rest of hte race. Very focussed from now on.
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I just got the information about Ott on the radio. That’s part of the game, it’s not finished until it’s finished. A small mistake can change everything like we had earlier or a technical issue like we had in Turkey. It’s not over until we cross the finish line in Australia.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
He was parked up on the side. It just looked like he was parked up. It was dry in places but very low grip in others as well. Difficult to find the grip.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
It’s dry and really good grip. But out there are still the slippy places which we made notes for. It’s still going very well.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
It was OK I’m still trying to push.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Closest we’ve been to the Skoda’s all weekend, Really good stage for us.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
I’m happy with my time, the car is going fine.
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
This soft tyre suits me. Quite difficult stage but its OK.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
I’m struggling with the grip, that stage was not that good for us.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
I’m happy with my time, it was on OK stage.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Car is too soft, lots of movement. I will try and push later on.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
Too much careful, I will push later.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
I thought I could smell a flat tyre but its OK. I will try and push later on.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
Thought I had a puncture. The car is not feeling right. I will have it check it.
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
Car is feeling better, but is still very difficult.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
I need to get the mileage in with this car ready for next year.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Very dry in the stage but it was a good time.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Need a harder tyre, but still, its not a bad time.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
That was pretty good, it’s patchy in there. We caught a car but its all cool.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
We had to change a tyre.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Fantastic, Sweet Lamb is Sweet Lamb. I dream of doing it again.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
Not so bad , few stones out there but it’s much better than before.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
We had a puncture, not good. We lost a minute so we need to push lost. We lost too much time.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
I think the car is overheating. We were a bit steady in there. We will be careful this afternoon.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
Tyre’s are moving a bit.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
We had a puncture but were still going, its all OK.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Soft tyres are moving too much. It’s hard to stay in a good road position.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
I had soft tyres on the rear and we got a good feeling in the car, its so different from yesterday.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
I’m on softs and there is lot of movement. We need to check if there is a problem.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
It’s good and smooth stage, really enjoyed it.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
My rear beam has snapped. Not really happy but we need to carry on though.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Happy with the tyre choice. It’s all good, enjoying it.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Happy with the tyre choice, enjoying ourselves and having a good time.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Going OK apart from the tyre choice. Car is OK though.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Its not great, its fine but its not working right.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
It was a steady run, just enjoying it. Keep catching the car infront.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
Good stage, a bit of dust around. All is good, two stages to go though.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
Taking it easy, the car has no problems so we’re just going to carry on.