WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 15
Special Stage: SS15 Myherin 2 (20.28 km)
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
We’re trying what we can. It’s very dry now, I think maybe the medium tyres would have been better. There is so little difference in them so we’ll see.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It was very difficult to judge. We had a little bit wrong information, it’s dead dry. We have to take some care and look after our tyres.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It was a reasonable enough run. I always love that stage, fantastic memories over the years and it’s sad to leave it for another year. It was a suprise it was so dry. We had to manage the tyres in some places but we did the best we could.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
The guys behind are interesting. It’s a nice day, the grip was good in places, very dry. It was slippy in places in the forst, the grip is not easy to manage but we’ll see.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
I don’t know what the correct tyre choice is. It was quite dry, I wasn’t expecing it to be so abrasive. He is taking big risks, the lines on the road are quite crazy. I can’t take such big risks.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It’s suprisingly dry conditions. I didn’t drive this stage very well this morning. I’ve improved, I drove better but it’s still not good enough.
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
It’s all OK. I had a really good rhythm but the tyres were moving a lot and I need to stiffen my suspension as it’s too soft. It was suprising how dry it was.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
A lot drier, we had no information like this, it was a big suprise. We have to manage.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
I didn’t think it was going to dry that much. A clean enough run, no problem.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Mega slippy. Changed tyres in service. Better now. It’s a really hard surface in there, better than Hafren.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
Very dry in there. I was hoping to be much quicker.
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Trying to manage my tyres because of the conditions. Tough but I was a lot quicker.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Tricky afternoon for us. We’ve lost the oil from the rear damper.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
The conditions are drying so it’s OK.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Better. We had a puncture this morning so it was like a new stage.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
More horrible than this morning but it was OK.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
I thought we had a puncture. We thought we could smell burning tyre but everything looks OK.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
Like the others, all the same.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
I was caught out by the dry conditions. We though it would be much more slippy than it was.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
The sun is now helping us to do some much better times.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Stage is now dry and a lot better than this morning.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
We changed some settings on the car, we’e much happier, it was much better.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
The drier it gets, the more confident I’m getting. I’m hoping the rain will stay away.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
We’re much more confident now so we’re pushing more than htis morning.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
It’s better now it’s drying out in there.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
It was mega until the last corner when we went sideways and lost about three seconds. Grip is so much better now.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Really good, much drier but still slippy in places and the surface is very hard.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
We got a puncture on a rock.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
A very enjoyable stage. That was very good.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
It was breathtaking. A joy to drive that stage.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Broken beam, that was not good for us.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Completely dry. The tyres are dead.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
I had a puncture this morning and didn’t realise we had one. I’m so much more confident now.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
It went well, it’s getting drier than we thought so we may have to look after the tyres.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
That was better, the surface is nice and dry now.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
A lot better than this morning. The surface was almost like tarmac as all the gravel has been swept away.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Lovely stage. Dry and flowing, quite something.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
That was good. The time is slightly faster than this morning. I’ve earned a bar of chocolate for that!
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Enjoyed that. Much better than this morning. The drying conditions have made it perfect.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
I was a little bit steady this morning but we’ll just see how things go.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
Better this morning, far less mistakes.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
I was 1:06 faster than this morning.