WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 13
Special Stage: SS13 Gartheiniog 1 (11.26 km)
Weather: Sun is trying to break through. Cool breeze.
Road Conditions: Muddy in places.
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
It was not bad Much drier than I expected today. I was hoping for the opposite being first on the road. A clean run. We could have gone faster in some places but on others I was on the limit. Happy with the stage.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It’s a little bit back and forward. It’s not so bad, at least the car is responding to what I’m doing. We can try some things. I try to push, not everything is perfect but I try to learn and adapt on every stage and it’s getting better and better.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Not quite working out with the tyre choice. Where it’s muddy we are getting a lot of wheelspin. Conditions not quite what I expected. Difference not massive but we’re fighting over a few seconds on a few kilometers.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It’s going in a good way. A bit of polishing here. I’m happy, the suns out and it’s good fun.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
There is something wrong with the time, I don’t understand. When we were at the start line Craig was gone 20 seconds before the time, I don’t understand. It’s an OK morning, I stuggled a bit more for grip on these ones so I can’t be flat out like on the first one.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
I tried very hard. Overall it was a good stage for us. The conditions are interesting but at the moment the direction is better.
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I will continue pushing. I think we made the wrong tyre choice this morning as the grip is a lot less than I thought it would be with the hard tyre on the front. I can’t push harder, if you push then you go off.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It’s been OK. I don’t know why but we’ve been lacking a little power today but it’s been consistant and the chassis is working well. So far everyone is using different tyres and the performance is the same so it’s not so important I guess.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
It’s been very frustrating after yesterday to get back into a full flat out driving. With the road position we can’t really make a mark on things.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
No point in taking risks, last stage was bad.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
Difficult to catch Kalle with the minute gap. Happy with the stage though.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
Went off on the last stage and lost 15 minutes.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Puncture in Sweet Lamb. This was better for us now is drying out.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
Morning has been OK.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Not good, we spun and now there are issues with something.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
Difficult morning, we had a spin in the stage.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Clean run, nothing special though. We will push on, on the next two.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
All OK, slippy but getting better.
83. Rhys Yates (GBR) / Elliott Edmondson (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Slowly getting there with the set up, good stage overall.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
Good time, no problem with the car.
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Going well this morning, we got stuck behind Cave after his off in SS12.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
Still learning the car, trying to understand it.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Better for me now, first and second stages I had no feeling this morning.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Much happier with the set up now. Much happier in here than the other stages this morning.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Lot nicer to drive with dry conditions. We had an overshoot on a hairpin but it was an OK stage.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Very happy, stage twisty but very good to drive. Hope the rest of the day is this good.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
This morning was slippy, but we are improving. This stage was not too bad.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Steady run to manage the gap. Rocks starting to appear.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
OK morning, good stage. Tricky conditions.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Really good stage, no problems.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
Good stage, think we are second in class. Important for me to maintain this position.
101. Finlay Retson (GBR) / Tom Hynd (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Not so bad.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Good morning, car working well. Dry stage and we have a good feeling in the car.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
Lot happier today, in a good rhythm.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Good stage. So far the morning has been good for us.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Hmmmm. Only got one pass of the recce so part of the pacenotes were a bit doggy.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
Good morning, first two stages were muddy this morning but this one was dry so were pushing hard.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Very good, only issue is catching cars but very enjoyable.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Had a roll on stage on this morning. Now we have an engine missfire.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Stage not so bad, it was flowing and slippy. First time on these stages.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Enjoyable morning, better than yesterday. These must be the some of the most famous stages in the UK.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I’m enjoying today more than yesterday. We had a half spin up a bank.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Not a bad morning, slow first stage but we’re back on the pace now.
109. Stephen Southall (GBR) / Richard Bestwick (GBR) – Ford Escort Mk2
Beautiful stage, really enjoying it.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
We had a fuel issue in Dyfi but we had a good run here.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
Fantastic, really enjoyed it.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
Not happy with the car compared to the other stages. Bit sloppy.