WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 12
Special Stage: SS12 Dyfi 1 (19.48 km)
Weather: High cloud
Road Conditions: Damp, small puddles from overnight rain.
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
It was quite OK. A nice stage. I’m used to driving it in the other direction so it was nice.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It was quite tricky. Not such a nice feeling to be honest. I need to do something with the setup.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I love that stage. It’s quite slippery, we might change the setup but we don’t want to end up chasing our tail
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
Could do better, not happy with the setup, it was so slippery.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
Very slippery. It was hard to judge the grip and hard to push.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
No problem, just not brave enough. I backed off toward the end of the stage.
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
Very slippery start but found the grip. It was a nice stage.
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
I tried but we can’t get the grip. Even if I change the setup I can’t get grip.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
That was a clean stage, no worries. Good feeling, I’m happy with the setup.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
Better in here than Hafren but it was hard to get going after yesterday.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
Not good, too careful. The driving was not good. I made mistakes and wasn’t happy with my driving.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
Happy with my run.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
A problem with the brakes on the back of my car, maybe.
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
[Caught behind Tom Cave]
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Not so good. We’ve struggled with this weekend.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
It was OK. Quite hard and our time was OK too.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
Tried to find confidence in the tyres and trying to push.
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
It was a bit rough, the car is OK. It’s just me and my driving.
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Not bad. A few mistakes, hoping the second run will be faster.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Not so happy with some fast sections. Braking on some fast corners but OK. Still getting used to the car.
83. Rhys Yates (GBR) / Elliott Edmondson (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
A bit hesitant in the fast stuff. Enjoyed the stage, don’t want to push.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
The car is good and we have no problems. The setup will have to stay as it is today without service.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
We went off on a fast section and the spectators pushed us back in. Just need to get back into a rhythm.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
We followed Tom through to the end so found it distracting.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
Constantly changing the setup to get it to work but the tyres feel OK.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
The grip is hard to find. It’s a different kind of gravel to what I’m used to. It’s a long day today.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
That stage was alright. Better than the first two.
86. Alex Laffey (GBR) / Patrick Walsh (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
That was a fun stage, it was good. I haven’t really done any of these stages before.
89. Paulo Nobre (BRA) / Gabriel Morales (BRA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Loving the stages. Fantastic and the car is fabulous.
87. Eamonn Boland (IRL) / Mj Morrissey (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R5
No bother, it was slippery.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
It’s going great. We’re just adjusting the pace notes for the second runs.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
We enjoyed that stage. Trying to improve with every kilometer.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Good, a nice stage and very flowing.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
That was a good time. Happy with the time. The car is good.
101. Finlay Retson (GBR) / Tom Hynd (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Very fast. Absolutely buzzing after that.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Not bad. Happy. Slippery.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
That was brilliant. The car is feeling good. Tom is settling in well, we may have some fuel pressure problems.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
A good morning. We’re finding the grip and the best position for the road and finding a good rhythm.
63. Louise Cook (GBR) / Stefan Davis (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
We had turbo problems so trying to get back into it.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
Enjoyed it, it was good for me.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
That seems like a good time – happy.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
[Car rolled on previous stage and the windscreen was broken] It’s just a bit banter with the windscreen and no we’ve developed a misfire due to the roll. The car is now down to half power.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
Happy, that seems similar to the forests over in Ireland.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
Very good stage this morning. This morning has been excellent.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Good, feeling better today. This is the day we’ve been looking forward to.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Happy, that’s one of my favourites.
109. Stephen Southall (GBR) / Richard Bestwick (GBR) – Ford Escort Mk2
Car going well. It’s proper territory for an Escort.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
Slippy but nice.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
It was OK. Happy but maybe something wrong with the oil pressure.