WRGB18 – Driver Quotes Stage 10
Special Stage: SS10 Myherin 1 (20.28 km)
Road Conditions: Wet with lots of mud and some standing water
4. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Anders Jaeger (NOR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
Conditions were not so bad, better than I thought not a lot of standing water. It was quite easy to judge the grip all over.
10. Mads Ostberg (NOR) / Torstein Eriksen (NOR) – Citroen C3 WRC
The car was a lot stiffer. The road position is not very good. Nice to be out early on the road. the car is working, I’m looking at Andreas lines and having to readjust.
6. Hayden Paddon (NZL) / Sebastian Marshall (GBR) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
The first part of the stage was really beautiful you can get a nice flow. The second half was more shiny so the grip is a little more inconsistent.
11. Craig Breen (IRL) / Scott Martin (GBR) – Citroen C3 WRC
It was a pleasure to drive. Really enjoyable.
1. Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA) – Ford Fiesta WRC
It’s always pretty slippery in there. I try, I think I had a good clean stage. Grip is really low.
9. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) / Janne Ferm (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
You can use the exits if you are brave enough, but I wasn’t. It is not good to be the slowest, but it is okay. These stages should suit the car but I can’t use it, it seems
7. Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It’s a surprisingly bad time. I’m really surprised myself. It didn’t feel that bad. I’m struggling with understeer, we hoped to make some changes in service but we ran out of time.
5. Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL) – Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC
The road is getting more slippy. I had an OK stage. Small mistakes here and there but generally I’m happy with my drive.
8. Ott Tänak (EST) / Martin Järveoja (EST) – Toyota Yaris WRC
It’s a long day but for sure the road is polishing a lot. As you can see the times are getting slower. It’s not a road good position we have but you can see our time and I’m happy with that.
2. Elfyn Evans (GBR) / Daniel Barritt (GBR) – Ford Fiesta WRC
It’s not where we wanted to be and very slippery out there now. We’re just out to enjoy today.
36. Kalle Rovanperä (FIN) / Jonne Halttunen (FIN) – Skoda Fabia R5
It was not a bad stage for me but not a good one also. I think it’s going to be a nice fight today.
31. Pontus Tidemand (SWE) / Jonas Andersson (SWE) – Skoda Fabia R5
The stage was a bit slippy but we found it OK.
32. Gus Greensmith (GBR) / Alex Gelsomino (USA) – Ford Fiesta R5
The car felt awful but I don’t know how we won that stage.
84. Tom Cave (GBR) / James Morgan (GBR) – Hyundai i20 R5
A good start but it was very slippy. I was happy with that.
82. David Bogie (GBR) / John Rowan (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R5
We were going OK but went wide on a few occasions. Spun the car so lost a bit of time. Not ideal.
40. Stéphane Lefebvre (FRA) / Gabin Moreau (FRA) – Citroen C3 R5
Not getting enough grip from the car. The car wouldn’t respond as fast as I want it to.
37. Jari Huttunen (FIN) / Antti Linnaketo (FIN) – Hyundai i20 R5
Not too good.
43. Eric Camilli (FRA) / Benjamin Veillas (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R5
38. Pierre-Louis Loubet (FRA) / Vincent Landais (FRA) – Hyundai i20 R5
A difficult stage for us. It was slippy
33. Lukasz Pieniazek (POL) / Przemyslaw Mazur (POL) – Skoda Fabia R5
Not so good, I was sliding on almost every corner. We must try to focus more on the next stage.
35. Ole Christian Veiby (NOR) / Stig Rune Skjaermoen (NOR) – Skoda Fabia R5
83. Rhys Yates (GBR) / Elliott Edmondson (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
It was good fun, we were fully sideways in some corners.
41. Marco Bulacia Wilkinson (BOL) / Fabian Cretu (ARG) – Skoda Fabia R5
42. Simone Tempestini (ROU) / Itu Sergiu (ROU) – Citroen C3 R5
It was OK, but I’m not happy with my time.
44. Chris Ingram (GBR) / Ross Whittock (GBR) – Skoda Fabia R5
Retired yesterday so that stage was just used for us to get back into a rythem.
39. Nil Solans (ESP) / Marc Marti (ESP) – Ford Fiesta R5
That was OK.
85. Gaurav Gill (IND) / Glenn Macneall (AUS) – Ford Fiesta R5
Quite slippy for us, different tyres new setup.
34. Fabio Andolfi (ITA) / Simone Scattolin (ITA) – Skoda Fabia R5
Lost time by making too many mistakes in too many corners.
81. Matt Edwards (GBR) / Darren Garrod (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
Not much grip, the car felt really loose but that was probably the conditions.
64. Tom Williams (GBR) / Phil Hall (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Really good. Enjoyed that but it would be better if we had a lower seeding.
93. James Williams (GBR) / Tom Woodburn (GBR) – Opel Adam R2
The start was really good but at the end it was really cut up so I lost a lot of time on the tight bends.
92. Steve Rokland (NOR) / Dai Roberts (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Fast and flowing stage,really nice, I liked that one.
62. Enrico Brazzoli (ITA) / Luca Beltrame (ITA) – Peugeot 208 R2
Not so good, the rear of the car is still bent.
88. Sacha Kakad (GBR) / James Aldridge (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R5
That was OK, it was good fun.
101. Finlay Retson (GBR) / Tom Hynd (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
That was a fast stage. Good fun, I was happy with that.
100. Jordan Reynolds (GBR) / Peredur Davies (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Enjoyable, every bit felt good.
95. Tony Jardine (GBR) / Tom Cary (GBR) – Mitsubishi Evolution IX GT
A good start, very happy. Tom is feeling lots better now he’s had a good sleep.
91. Jean-Baptiste Franceschi (FRA) / Romain Courbon (FRA) – Ford Fiesta R2
Good, very enjoyable but the second half was very slippy.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
Don’t feel confident today. I really don’t know what’s going on.
61. Taisko Lario (FIN) / Tatu Hatamalainen (FIN) – Peugeot 208 R2
It was very slippy in the braking spots but it was OK.
97. John Morrison (GBR) / Peter Carstairs (GBR) – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Quite marbley in there. Caught the car in front so it held us up for a little while.
99. Scott Partridge (GBR) / Mike Wilding (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
We’re trying to get back into this morning and trying to find my confidence.
108. Jonathan Mulholland (GBR) / Jeff Case (IRL) – Ford Fiesta R2
It felt OK, it was slippy, fast, flowing stage. You can really get a good groove and the swing of things.
104. Alex Waterman (GBR) / Harry Thomas (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2T
By far my favourite stage. At the top by the windmills was best. A great stage for the first thing in the morning.
102. Spencer Wilkinson (GBR) / Glyn Thomas (GBR) – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
We put a new diff in. The car is lot better. Enjoying it now.
107. Nabila Tejpar (GBR) / Richard Bliss (GBR) – Peugeot 208 R2
Great little opener for us. We’re really ready for the rest of the day now.
109. Stephen Southall (GBR) / Richard Bestwick (GBR) – Ford Escort Mk2
Brilliant – loved it. I didn’t go off where I sent off last year.
111. Neil Andrew (GBR) / Dominic Adams (GBR) – Subaru Impreza
Just taking it easy. We had an off yesterday so gently easing ourselves in again.
106. Saleh Hijazi (GBR) / Stephen Landen (GBR) – MG ZR
That was good. A few scary moments but we’re laughing about it now.
96. Kevin Horgan (IRL) / Liam Fouhy (IRL) – Skoda Fabia R2
Oil pressure is up. So we hope it will be OK on the next stage.
105. Bart Lang (GBR) / Sinclair Young (GBR) – Ford Fiesta R2
[Car still running, crew OK. Shaken after roll on last stage]