FIA sustainability is now a mandatory requirement and Wales Rally GB’s goal is to continue to make the event more sustainable, working both internally and externally to ensure that our event impacts on the environment as little as possible.
This is an ongoing process including provisions on stages, in the Rally Village and through our general administration tasks. Specific aims for this year are as follows:
- to minimise impact on ground and water contamination as a result of the service park (Rally Village) activities;
- to take steps to minimise the number of printed tickets and rally documents in favour of electronic documents;
- to minimise the impact of vehicles and fuel consumption used to administer the event.
We will review the environmental impact assessment each year to continue to find ways to improve.
We would ask that you help us in this process by following the guidelines below and encouraging all those on event (including spectators, officials, marshals, competitors and crews) to follow the advice provided:
- Leave no trace of your visit – use the on-site recycling bins, skips or bin bags (or even take your rubbish home with you)
- Stop any fires, barbeques or fireworks that you see
- Consider car sharing opportunities where possible
- Follow the countryside code – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-countryside-code/the-countryside-code