The 2015 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) blasts off later this week in traditional style high up in the Alps with the 83rd running of the world-famous Monte Carlo Rally. The 13-round calendar then sees the intrepid competitors travel from the snow packed roads of Sweden to the dusty tracks of Argentina, Australia and Mexico before the WRC reaches its thrilling conclusion right here in the fearsome Welsh forests.
Last weekend's Wales Rally GB has been hailed as a universal success by all involved in the UK's concluding round of the 2014 FIA World Rally Championship - drivers, teams, local and national government bodies, commercial partners and, perhaps most importantly of all, the record number of fans.
Mae pawb fu'n ymwneud â Rali Cymru GB, rownd olaf Pencampwriaeth Rali'r Byd FIA 2014 y penwythnos diwethaf: y gyrwyr, timau, gwirfoddolwyr, llywodraethau lleol a chenedlaethol, partneriaid masnachol ac, efallai'n bwysicach nag unrhyw beth, y nifer enfawr o gefnogwyr yn cytuno i'r ras fod yn llwyddiant.
Organisers of last week's Wales Rally GB enrolled 1981 World Rally Champion Ari Vatanen as the first official Rally GB Legend. Exactly 30 years after winning the UK's round of the FIA World Rally Championship, Vatanen joined former co-driver Terry Harryman as guest of honour on this year's event.
One of the many major attractions of last weekend's hugely successful Wales Rally GB (13-16 November) was the star-studded National Rally, which ran alongside the FIA World Rally Championship main event.
- World Champion Sébastien Ogier concludes campaign with victory number eight
- Mikko Hirvonen signs off illustrious WRC career with popular second place
- Kris Meeke denied podium on home soil by brace of late punctures
- Brits shine across the board with support class trophies
- Tense tussle over runner-up spoils between Britain's Kris Meeke and Mikko Hirvonen in his WRC swansong
- World Champion Sébastien Ogier on course for his eighth victory of 2014 WRC campaign
- Mistake ends Volkswagen team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala's valiant bid for glory